Challenge Related to My Initial Problem of Practice Statement : (https://paulmaz41.wordpress.com/2015/01/28/problem-of-practice/)
The challenge that I currently face is that while I have written core objectives, I am unsure what the modules will look like, how to write curriculum and how to implement the program in a manner that will prepare these novice nurses for practice.
- “5 WHY’s” — Root Cause Analysis
- Why am I unsure how to write this new curriculum?
- Because I have never written a curriculum before
- Why have I never written a curriculum before?
- Because until now, I have not had the need to write a curriculum
- Why has there not been a need to write a curriculum?
- Because we have never had a formal training plan
- Why have we never had a formal training plan?
- Because training needs are far more complex
- Why are training needs far more complex?
- Because we are transporting sicker patients and the demands for this job have changed
- Why – How Ladder
- POV Madlib: [USER] needs to [USER’s NEED] because [SURPRISING INSIGHT]
- The pensive Survival Flight Nurse Intern needs to create engagement for his / her own learning by creating his / her own curriculum.
- The Survival Flight Nurse Intern needs to learn within a structured environment because this will ensure that core objectives are covered.
- The Survival Flight Nurse Intern, who has yet to be challenged to the degree that is required of regular Survival Flight staff, needs to experience a challenging training program, because the clinical requirements and demands are greater than they have been in previous years.